I’ve just uploaded a video on creating your own e-book covers. A lot of people know that I generally design all my ebook covers, not because I’m cheap but because I want to create some sort of branding effect. But of course, it IS much cheaper than to pay someone else to do it.
Of course, just because you have the scripts don’t mean that you can create good looking covers – you need some basic tactics as well. The One Click Ecovers package also comes with it’s own tutorials, but let me explain briefly here how to do it:
- Decide what cover you want – ebook, reports, ezine, software box or DVD box?
- Get a good background image from www.istockphoto.com or other free stock photos sites
- Keep your designs simple if you’re not that good in Photoshop
- Make 3 different sizes of your e-cover to make sure you can use it anywhere
- I prefer to save the images as PNG for better quality but you can save it as JPG if you want